SAISD DepartmentsAccountability, Research and Evaluation & Testing
- Advanced Academics
- Bilingual / ESL / LOTE
- Curriculum Management
- Library Media Services
- PE / Health
- Professional Learning
- Reading and Language Arts
- Response To Intervention (RtI)
- Social Studies
- Adult and Community Education
- After School Programs
- Attendance Auditors
- Educational Alternatives Program (GED)
- Satellite Campuses
Governmental & Community Relations
- May 2013 Board Elections
- SAISD Board Member Schools
- State Legislative Priorities
- School Health Advisory Council
- Campaign Finance Reports
Student Support Services
- At-Risk Program
- Guidance & Counseling
- School Uniform Assistance
- Student Health Services
- Teen Parenting Program
- Transitions Program
Campus Improvement List
Charter, Magnet and Summer Schools
Curriculum and Instruction
District Improvement Plan
Early Childhood Education (Head Start / PreK)
Guidance & Counseling
To transform SAISD into a national model urban school district where every child graduates and is educated so that he or she is prepared to be a contributing member of the community.
Our primary purpose of improving lives through a quality education is driven by an unrelenting determination to graduate all of our students and prepare them for success in higher education. Our ideology is reflected in our fundamental beliefs, commitments and core values that guide us in our daily practices.
- Student Centered
- High Expectations
- Every student can learn and achieve at high levels.
- We are responsible for the education and safety of every student.
- We are responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the school system.
- Everyone should be treated with respect.
- People support what they help create.